Are you ready for a challenge to help bring lasting health change in Africa?
Come join a dynamic team if you are organized, highly-motivated and results-oriented individuals in the Administration & Procurement Department of AMREF Kenya.
Purpose of the Job
Provide assistance in the procurement of goods, services and civil works in a transparent and ethical manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive all incoming requisitions and coordinate the flow from Procurement Officer to final Finance Department approval.
- Assist in preparation of tender documents and soliciting of tenders/quotations.
- Carry out analysis of quotations and prepare relevant reports.
- Follow up with suppliers on the sourcing process to ensure timely delivery.
- Responsible for the filing registry of purchase-related documents.
- Prepare reports as required by management
- Represent procurement in meetings as assigned and act as a secretary to the evaluation team.
- Answer any queries and inquiries relating to procurement.
Qualifications and Competencies
The ideal candidate should have
- a Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Business Management or Business Administration with a specialization in Procurement, Purchasing & Supplies Management or Logistics from a reputable university.
- S/he must have at least three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Purchasing, Logistics or Supply Chain Management, with proven skills in report writing, contract preparation and comparative analysis is a must.
- The person should posses a Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supplies (CIPS – Level 4) or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of donor procurement procedures, especially EU and USAID, is essential.
- The candidate must be able to use a typewriter (manual or electronic) to prepare DA1 documents and must have an understanding of the local market forces and pricing systems.
- Previous NGO experience and the ability to work under tight schedules will be added advantages.
- Furthermore, the ideal candidate must be team player with sound IT knowledge especially in the MS Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are mandatory as are highly developed analytical skills, impeccable integrity, honesty and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
These are challenging opportunities for dedicated, hardworking and development-oriented professionals. If you would like to join this dynamic team and help bring lasting health change in Africa, please quote the position and reference number (KCO/PRO/APD/001/2013) in the subject matter and send your application letter and CV that includes contact details of three work-related referees to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF Kenya via this e-mail: email@example.com
The closing date for submitting applications is Monday, 22nd July, 2013. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not attach certificates and testimonials to your application. You are not required to pay any fees to apply for jobs in AMREF.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.