Open Position: Executive Assistant
Location: Kibera, Nairobi
About the Organization:
Shining Hope for Communities has developed an innovative, community-driven model to combat inter-generational cycles of poverty and gender inequality in Nairobi’s Kibera slum. We link free schools for girls to accessible social services for all.
In August 2009, we founded The Kibera School for Girls, the first entirely free school for girls in Kibera. The second step of our model provides the community-at-large with tangible benefits through a community center adjacent to the school.
The unique services we offer include sanitary eco-toilets, a library and cyber café, gardens and food security, gender violence support, microenterprise for HIV positive women, a youth center, access to water, business and literacy training, and hundreds of jobs.
We also operate the Johanna Justin-Jinich Community Clinic, which specializes in primary care and maternal health.
By investing in health and economic success through a school for girls, we demonstrate that benefitting women benefits the whole community, cultivating a community ethos that makes women respected members of society.
Reports to: CEO
General Purpose: Provide personal administrative support and assistance to executive staff.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- Conduct research, assemble and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Manage and maintain executives schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Receive and interact with visitors
- Co-ordinate project-based work
Education and Experience
- A minimum 2 years experience providing support at the executive level
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Bachelors degree
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable working in an informal settlement
To Apply: Please either email your CV and a cover letter to jobs@ shininghopeforcommunities.org
Deadline to Apply: August 3rd, 2012