Samasource is an award-winning technology social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. Our technology platform takes large data projects for leading enterprise clients like LinkedIn and Google, and breaks them into smaller tasks called “microwork” which are completed by our workers.
We are a dynamic and growing team, committed to changing the world with an innovative business model and game-changing technology. We’ve got a big vision – to connect the one billion people living in poverty around the world to work – and need the best and brightest to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done. If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Cisco, Rockefeller and Ford.
As a social business, we are passionate about alleviating poverty while creating happy clients. Team D (for Delivery) plays a big role in achieving the Samasource vision.
We partner with clients to design a comprehensive plan for each project, and work closely with our delivery centers to ensure high quality execution.
We are laser-focused on client satisfaction because satisfied clients mean more business, and more business means more workers can pull themselves out of poverty.
We are dedicated to using our technology platform to identify motivated, talented workers in the poorest parts of Africa, South Asia, and Haiti, and training them to provide excellent work for leading enterprise customers. Come help us manage the growing digital supply chain from South Africa to Silicon Valley.
We are a rapidly growing and diverse team looking for candidates who thrive in a start up environment with a large degree of personal responsibility and ownership.
These are some of the things we believe in:
1. Resourcefulness: Jugaad is Hindi for doing more with less. Another word for this is scrappiness. We believe in being as resourceful as the people we serve.
2. GTD: We have created a culture of getting things done. We avoid recklessness but at the same time we are proactive, follow through on what we start and do not fear experimentation.
3. Transparency: We aim for everything we do to pass the New York Times Test.
4. Team Work: We encourage input from all levels of our organization and in return expect people at all levels of our team to be able to execute on these ideas.
5. Social Mission First: We always consider the good we can do before we think about income, PR or success for ourselves. Finding work for the people who need it most is what drives us.
6. Innovation: Good technology is at the core of our value proposition to the workers we serve. We respond quickly to new market opportunities.
7. Equality and Respect: Sama means equal. Everyone deserves the chance to succeed. We don’t accept limits and we maintain a sense of humility in dealing with our people, our workers, and our supporters.
We are looking for a self-motivated Field Project Manager to assist our Delivery Team in efficiently and effectively managing projects through our delivery centers in Kenya, Uganda, Haiti, South Africa, India, and Pakistan.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Field Project Manager will work closely with our local centers to provide the highest quality project results.
The Field Project Manager starts with a 10-week stipend training period in the San Francisco head office*, during which the incumbent will receive extensive training in project management, data analysis, business acumen, and practical communication skills.
Upon successfully completing the training period, the incumbent will be deployed into the field and interface closely with the San Francisco Delivery Team to manage high-impact projects from trial to completion in partnership with our Delivery Centers.
*subject to visa requirements, else training will be conducted in the field
- Perform comprehensive project management and Delivery Center oversight to ensure timeliness and high-quality project results
- Perform data driven analysis on project and performance metrics to optimize project execution effectiveness
- Work closely with Delivery Center managers and field personnel to ensure workers receive training and support for client projects
- Seek continual innovation and improvement in task design, worker training, project workflow, delivery process and our technology platform to increase automation and increase the efficiency of delivering projects
- Provide workers with detailed project feedback to improve performance
- Review and perform quality checks on all projects completed by Delivery Centers
- Maintain open communications with Delivery Centers on quality issues, instruction clarifications, and best practices for project completion
- Interface closely with Delivery Team in head office on project scope, parameters, timelines, and expectations
- BA/BS with a strong academic record from a top university. Degree in economics, business, or other field with emphasis on data analytics preferred
- 2 year commitment to the role based in Nairobi, Kenya
- At least 2 years related experience
- Robust analytical and Excel skills, with experience analyzing large datasets in Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong project management experience
- BPO experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, etc.), familiarity with collaborative project management web software like Basecamp a plus
- At home in a fast-paced environment that requires excellent time-management and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Must be comfortable working independently in the field
- Comfort in working in an unstructured environment, with reliable execution and timelines and strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
How to apply