Position Title: Quantity Surveyor – Construction
Reports to: Construction Process Engineer
About Bridge International
Bridge International Academies was conceived in 2007 out of the belief that giving every child access to a high quality education would have the greatest impact on reducing poverty worldwide.
With that guiding insight, Bridge International developed a strategy that would enable it to launch a large-scale network of high-quality, ultra low-cost, for-profit primary schools.
Operating a network of schools supported by a strong central headquarters gives Bridge International the scale, experience, and capacity to invest in systems of management, support, training, and innovation that allows individual schools to dramatically increase their effectiveness.
Using this model, Bridge International is able to profitably deliver high-quality education for $5 per child per month. This ensures that its academies will continue to successfully serve its communities as long as parents value the educational service provided.
The first Bridge International Academy launched successfully in Kenya in 2009 and over 70 academies are operating in Kenya today. Through rapid and strategic expansion, Bridge International will provide a quality education to over a million students in the coming years.
Job Purpose: The Quantity Surveyor shall be responsible for all aspects of cost advice, planning and control including specifications control, cost computation, budgets & budget control, payment planning, payment process & control, budget forecasting & project cash projections and cost studies/surveys including cost comparatives, component/elemental cost analyses and real-time cost performance analyses.
- Providing general cost planning and control advice for decision making.
- Formulating and updating all necessary tools for data collection, process planning, monitoring and control, and analyses.
- Prescribing and constantly reviewing specifications, work methods, processes and procedures with a view towards maximizing cost efficiency.
- Carrying out cost computations, preparation of budget templates, budget reviews and updates.
- Formulating, reviewing, monitoring and updating payment processes, procedures, controls and tools in consultation with the Finance Department.
- Reviewing and approving payment documentation including site documents, relevant procurement and accounting documents
- Determination and forecasting of construction costs including adjustment policy, planning and implementation.
- Determining periodic workload-based construction funds requirements as required for financial decision-making.
- Carrying out cost studies and surveys including cost comparatives, component/elemental cost analyses and real-time cost performance analyses.
- Carrying out life-cycle cost projections, estimations and computations for decision making.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a busy and dynamic work environment.
- Handled multiple projects in multiple locations concurrently.
- Excellent knowledge of the Kenyan construction market.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Master’s degree in Construction Management or Project management shall be an added advantage.
Professional: Relevant Professional registration
Specialist knowledge required: Statistical analysis knowledge shall be an added advantage
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Systems and formal standardisation orientation
- Problem solving/decision making
- Information gathering skills
- Analytical and interpretation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
In order to be considered for this position all candidates must register and upload their CV’s on our website at www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted