The National Quality Control Laboratory (NQCL) is a body corporate established under Cap 244 of the Pharmacy and Poisons Act with the mandate to perform chemical, biological, biochemical, physiological and pharmacological analysis and other pharmaceutical evaluation of locally manufactured and imported drugs or medicinal substances with the view of determining whether such drugs comply with the requirements of the above Act.
The National Quality Control Laboratory (NQCL) wishes to recruit a competent candidate for the position of Director as outlined below:-
Ref No: NQCL/HR/06/2012
The Director will be reporting to the Board of Management and will be responsible for the day to day management of the laboratory.
- Articulating the policies of the Board and ensuring that appropriate business strategies are developed and implemented.
- Coordination of all official activities related to the quality control of pharmaceuticals and medical devices for human and veterinary use carried out at the laboratory.
- Monitoring performance and putting into place the necessary management and administrative systems and procedures
- Ensuring the proper allocation and utilization of resources in order to achieve organizational goals and objectives of the laboratory.
- Ensuring that modern human resources management practices are adopted and implemented
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and any agreed protocols
- Enhancing the image of the organization
- Advising the board on quality standards to be applied to pharmaceutical products and medical devices approved for the Kenyan market.
Qualification, competencies and experience
- Must be a registered pharmacist with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Must hold a Masters Degree in Pharmaceutical Analysis
- A Masters degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Has at least 5 years working experience in senior management in the pharmaceutical sector
- Has excelled in such functions as strategic planning, people management, resource mobilization and donor relations.
- Has a proven track record of professional integrity, good conduct, visionary leadership, staff development and motivation.
- Is an effective communicator, dealing effectively with local and international stakeholders.
Applications consisting of
(i) a cover letter quoting the job reference number,
(ii) a detailed CV with email address and telephone contacts and indicating your current position and remuneration level
(iii) copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials should be addressed to:
Board of Management
National Quality Control Laboratory
Hospital Road, KNH Complex
P. O. Box 29726 – 00202
The deadline for receipt of applications is 21st August 2012. A hard copy application is mandatory.
Note: Those who applied earlier may need to reapply electronically to the above email: email@example.com.
Any form of direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
NQCL is a World Health Organization pre-qualified quality control laboratory.