Liverpool VCT, Care & Treatment (LVCT) is an established Kenyan NGO that utilizes research to inform policy reform advocacy and strengthen HIV service delivery.
We optimize our impact on the HIV/AIDS response by building capacity of partners and pay special attention to vulnerable groups and populations with special needs. LVCT’s focus is on the scale-up of quality-assured HIV counseling, testing and care services.
We have vacancies for the following positions:
POSITION: RESEARCH OFFICER
The position requires an experienced researcher to lead an operational research project that aims to identify the policy and practice requirements for quality post intimate partner violence (IPV) screening support in HIV programs.
With technical support from the Principal Investigators, it will be responsible for the design, undertaking, data analysis, management and dissemination of a quality study.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement the study protocols
- Develop implementation and dissemination plans and ensure their utilisation
- Develop the IPV screening and study tools and undertake the study ensuring compliance with requirements for research ethics and scientific quality
- Ensure integration with and provide input and feedback to other LVCT programmes
- Collect, analyse and document data in appropriate formats for diverse audiences
- A Master’s degree in Social Science, Gender or a relevant field from a recognised university.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a lead researcher, a gender focus is an added advantage
- Experience in analysis of qualitative and quantitative data using the appropriate software
- Proven research writing ability
- Self-driven and able to work under pressure
- Ability to ensure utilisation of research results by policy makers and other stakeholders
- High level of integrity, motivation, commitment and professional ethics
Human Resource and Administration Division,
Liverpool VCT, Care and Treatment,
P.O Box 19835, 00202 Nairobi, Kenya
Or email: email@example.com so as to reach us NOT later than August 22, 2012
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
LVCT is an equal opportunity employer