Liverpool VCT, Care & Treatment (LVCT) is an established Kenyan NGO that utilizes research to inform policy reform advocacy and strengthen HIV service delivery.
We optimize our impact on the HIV/AIDS response by building capacity of partners and pay special attention to vulnerable groups and populations with special needs.
LVCT’s focus is on the scale-up of quality-assured HIV counseling, testing and care services.
We have vacancies for the following positions:
Human Resource Manager
The HR Manager will report to the Operations Director and manage the human resources and administrative functions and systems in a manner that ensures there is a conducive working environment, skilled and motivated workforce that facilitates the achievement of LVCT’s organizational objectives.
- Efficient and timely recruitment, induction and placement of staff,
- Professional handling of staff grievances, discipline and separation
- Implement performance management systems, ensuring availability of up- to date job descriptions, timely staff review and appraisals,
- Ensure optimal compensation and benefits system, processes and standards that are aligned to pay structures, competitive and affordable to the organization.
- Liaise with and provide advice and technical guidance to supervisors/management on HR related issues
- Periodic review, update and ensuring adherence to HR and Administrative policies and procedures
- Implementation of a talent management and mentoring plan including assessment of staff skills, training and development
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in HR management and administration at a leadership level in a large sized organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Social Sciences. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Flexibility with capacity to offer creative solutions to HR challenges
- Knowledge and understanding of the labour environment and relevant legislation
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills, good interpersonal and public relation skills
- Positive attitude, hardworking, fast and efficient in accomplishing assignments
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Ms Office and use of HR software
Qualified and suitable applicants are invited to send their cover letter (with the position title and reference number as the subject of the e-mail) and detailed CV along with contacts of three referees, salary history and expectations, clearly stating the position and location applied for to:
Human Resource and Administration Division,
Liverpool VCT, Care and Treatment,
P.O Box 19835, 00202 Nairobi, Kenya
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us NOT later than August 22, 2012
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
LVCT is an equal opportunity employer