Vacancy Number: AA/CS/TREASURY/08/12
Department: Corporate Services
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 1 year fixed term
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, and Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam) and East Asia (China).
ILRI will be working on a number of CGIAR Research Programs (CRP) that bring together CGIAR centers and partners from the research, development and private sector communities around the world.
ILRI seeks to recruit a competent Assistant Accountant-Treasury.
- Collate local & foreign suppliers data and update of supplier master file.
- Assist in reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Assist in processing of VAT exemption applications and withholding Tax certificates.
- Assist in matching supplier invoices.
- Assist in reconciliation of non-donor receivables accounts and updates of the master file.
- Assist in processing of travel advances and travel expense reports.
- Collate data on local & foreign consultants and update service provider’s master file.
- Assist in conversion of suppliers, consultants and receivables data and migration to ERP system.
- Assist in reconciliation of other receivables ledger accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounts or business related field.
- Certified Public Accountant, Minimum C.P.A Part II.
- At least six months in a busy accounting operation.
- Working experience in accounting in an international NGO or an international organization.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software required preferably SUN accounting.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Good personal organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly effective multi-tasking skills, with ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload and meet deadlines.
- Availability to start immediately.
Terms of Appointment: This position is job Grade 2A, with a starting gross salary of KES.64,833.00 per month. This is exclusive of other benefits provided by ILRI.
Location: The position will be based at the ILRI campus in Nairobi, Kenya.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, whose initial contract will be for a 1 year fixed term. Salary and benefits will be in line with those provided by ILRI.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV combined as one document explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
Applications should be submitted online to the Human Resources Director at: http://www.myjobsinkenya.com/ilri_jobs.
Closing date for Applications is 15 August 2012.
The position title and reference number REF: AA/CS/TREASURY/08/12 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email applications.
Only applications sent via email to the indicated address will be considered, and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To find more about ILRI, visit our Website at www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.