Position: Human Resource Manager
Our client a group of companies in the manufacturing sector with Interests in the steel, salt, construction Industries among others is seeking to fill the vacancy of a Human Resource Manager.
The potential candidate should be a people’s person flexible, dynamic and ready to work in any part of Kenya.
The main objective of this position is to manage the Human Resources function by developing the strategy aligned to the company mission, goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develops the company’s HR strategy in conjunction with the mission, goals and objectives of the company and presents to the Management Committee.
Managing and Re-Establishment of the Company’s Human Resource framework including:
- The organizational structure
- Recruitment system
- Induction and Orientation procedures
- Training procedures
- Performance Appraisal system
- Transfer and promotion procedures
- Designs HR forms, documents and processes
- Develops staffing policies in line with the Company’s guidelines
- Conducts training for manages in HR specialty areas (recruitment; effective roster costing; appraisals, etc )
- Assist Department Heads in customizing Job Descriptions
- Develops a reward and recognition system
- Perform the role of adviser, consultant and councilor to management and staff
- Develop strategies to correct operational problems relating to staff (including absenteeism, turn over, retention, morale etc)
- Manage industrial relations issues of the company
- Manage workers compensation and rehabilitation and medical insurance
- Develop and implement procedures for handling disciplinary and grievance interviews
- Establish relationships with external organizations including government training agencies; training consultants; private training providers and professional associations
- Advice the Directors for the organization to achieve strategic objectives
- Manage the legal issues of the department
- Respond to requests for information from internal and external sources, including Corporate Office
- Maintain remuneration scales in accordance with financial objectives
- Ensures comprehensive and regular staff communication sessions
- Prepares work schedules considering company and labor requirements
- Approves leave after considering company’s requirements
- Works with Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s Payroll and budget
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the company
- Knowledge of Local Labor and Employment Regulations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Good writing skills
- Result Driven, Accountable, Innovative and Collaborative Individual
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Professional Human Resource management Qualification
- Professional Membership (IHRM) an added advantage
- Knowledgeable in terms of group ERPs for a H.R.M
- At least 5 years of relevant experience or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Exposure in A group setup in the manufacturing sector will be an added advantage.
If you qualify for the above position please sent your updated cover letter and resume indicating you’re current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st July 2012.
Ensure you indicate Human Resource Manager as the Subject of the mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.