The Nairobi Women’s Hospital is trusted with the healthcare of Women in Africa, and with passion, we deliver healthcare.
We are recruiting for the following high calibre individual to lead our team of healthcare professionals.
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications detailing current and expected salary and CV with contact details of three referees to the General Manager Human Resource P.O. Box 10552-00100 Nairobi, clearly marking the application with position applied for.
Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject line by Wednesday, June 20th 2012.
DO NOT attach your certificates.
Chief of Medical Services
The key responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to:-
1. Leading and managing the strategy formulation and implementation in the area of medical services in the hospital;
2. Providing leadership in formulating, implement and monitoring clinical policies, protocol and standards to foster appropriate and consistent patient care;
3. Spearheading the development and implementation of capacity building initiatives for medical services personnel including training, staff induction and clinical research activities;
4. Engaging with doctors for issuance and management of admission rights in line with hospital policies and procedures;
5. Working closely with hospital leadership to enhance the hospital relationship with medical officers, registrars, consultants and regulatory bodies;
6. Developing managing and controlling the medical services budget including finance, staffing, equipments and consumables;
7. Develop an organisational plan for medical services operations providing for efficient use of personnel including clinical assignments, rotation and call schedules, and coverage
8. Coordinating the functions of the Medical Advisory Committee in addressing of medical staff activities in accordance with the legal requirements, ethical standards and overall hospital policies.
9. Championing the organisation course in network development, contracting, and credentialing in local and regional markets
Qualifications and Skills
- Medical Degree from accredited University
- Registration with KMPDB or any other EA Medical Board
- Post graduate qualifications in medical field or management
- At least 5 years clinical experience
- At least 2 years in a management or administrative capacity
- MBA added advantage