Job Opportunity: Warehouse Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is a startup revolutionizing education across Africa with a truly unique business model. The company has launched a large-scale franchise-like network of ultra low-cost for-profit private primary schools across Africa.
Our schools profitably deliver high-quality education for less than $4 per child per month, enabling local school managers to operate their school businesses profitably, while creating a highly successful business at the central level.
We have already launched 60 schools in our network in the slums of Nairobi with tremendous success, and plan to rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million families in Africa.
About this position
We are seeking a full-time Warehouse manager, who will be responsible for managing all the day-to-day activities at the warehouse, from receiving, organizing, assembling and packing materials before handing it over to logistics.
This is an extremely key function reporting directly to the Supply chain manager but also having key linkages to all other departments, especially finance and administration.
Responsibilities and duties
- Receiving, Dispatch, Logistics and Inventory management of all individual items.
- Responsible for the organizing, assembly and kitting of all the items (approx 600 items per school) as contained in FM-00 (school in the box) and ensuring correct labeling, date of picking and destination of each stock assembled
- Coordinating with the Logistics manager on deliveries to the schools
- Maintain regular stock takes
- Use of world class Warehouse practice and tools to manage the warehouses in Nairobi, Satellite offices and leased warehouse locations.
- Maintain internal, customer and supplier relationships at the highest proficiency level.
- Prepare relevant departmental reports and provide administrative support to relevant departments
- Establish warehouse policies and quarterly/annual warehouse plans
- Responsible for Quality Control within the Warehouse environment
- Management of the outsourced warehouse services
- Ensure all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Determining quantity and timing of deliveries and lead times throughout the Warehouse process
- Oversee and supervise daily warehouse operations including coordination of work between internal and external personnel (such as proper inventory control, proper releasing of cargoes to other agents and timely submission of documents to billing department)
- Mentoring staff in warehouse management best practice.
- Prepare stacking/storage plans for all store inventory.
- Advise on storage of material and ensure proper rotation.
- Prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal;
- Produce regular stocks reports, daily and random stock positions;
- Support School Operations, Training and Construction departments and other departments in their inventory/warehouse needs.
- Advise management on required areas of improvement to enhance Warehouse processes
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years’ experience in management of Warehouse & Inventory
- Logistics and or Supply Chain services preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple locations and diverse requirements in particular
- Hospitality, Universities, Emergency Relief Services and Hospital backgrounds preferred
- Bachelors Degree in business, economics or other Social Science or related discipline or the equivalent
- Professional qualifications in Warehouse/Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
- Expert knowledge in Warehouse/Inventory and Logistics
- Ability to handle administrative issues with multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams
- Experience with large scale warehouse or Logistics management of construction materials.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Strong initiative and solid judgment skills
- High level of integrity and ethical behavior and a demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- High level of Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Willingness to travel to remote locations across the country
You can apply and view detailed job requisitions on the Careers page at www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com