The Kitale CJPC (Catholic Justice and Peace Commission) is a faith based organization and a branch of the National and Universal Justice and Peace commission of the Catholic Church.
As a branch of National and Universal Justice and Peace Commission of the Catholic Church our mission is to bring the Gospel values of Justice, Peace, Joy, hope and liberation into every aspect of human existence.
We are working in the expansive North Rift region with offices located at the catholic diocese of Kitale secretariat in Trans- Nzoia County.
As Kitale CJPC our Specific objectives are:
- To enhance citizens participation and accountable use and management of public funds.
- To promote the realization of Human Rights and access to Justice among the poor and vulnerable in the society
- To promote peaceful co-existence among the warring communities of the North Rift and bordering North Eastern Regions.
- To enhance capacity of the staffs to deliver quality results.
Expression of Interest for Development of the Strategic Plan for the Kitale CJPC 2012 – 2016
The Kitale CJPC has received funding from European Union and intends to develop a Strategic Plan and therefore wishes to hire services of a consultant to develop the Strategic Plan that will cover the years 2012 to 2016.
Working in close consultation with the office of Kitale CJPC and various stakeholders, the consultancy firm will be expected to:-
- Create ownership of the Strategic Plan by involving staff in developing the plan
- Obtain necessary input from all relevant stakeholders as deemed necessary and ensure that the Strategic Plan is in line with the overall Strategic Plan of the diocese.
- Undertake an internal and external environmental analysis to assess the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) of the Kitale CJPC in relation to its mission.
- Develop a prioritized and costed action plan detailing the activities/programs to be undertaken within the plan, and the budgetary requirements. This programme should identify activities that need to be carried out in the short-term, mid-term and long-term.
- Develop an implementation matrix.
- Develop an effective performance Monitoring and Evaluation framework that should include key performance indicators, clear responsibilities for reporting and analysis of performance.
Interested consultancy firms with relevant qualifications and experience in preparing Strategic Plans are hereby invited to submit their Expression of Interest.
Short listing of consultants shall be based on this expression of interest.
Consultants should also provide the following:
- Relevant experience related to the assignment, track record and financial capability,
- Evidence of related jobs undertaken in the last three years,
- Qualifications and competence of key staff proposed for the assignment,
- Experience of key staff related to the assignment,
- Tax compliance certificate,
- VAT/PIN certificate,
- Certificate of registration.
Interested consultancy firms may write in confidence, giving the profiles of their staffs, evidence of experience and other relevant documents, in a plain sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest for development of a Strategic Plan for the Kitale CJPC” and addressed to:
CJPC – Catholic Diocese of Kitale
P.O Box 4656-30200
Or be placed in Tender box at CJPC Offices in the Diocese of Kitale Headquarters. Closing of the EOI will be 22nd February 2012 at 5.00 pm.