Pact is an International Non Governmental Organization that facilitates institutional development of civil society organizations (CSOs) through capacity building and partnerships.
As a development organization focusing on capacity building, we are committed to building the capacity of local organizations, networks and coalitions.
Pact is seeking competent persons to fill the following position:
Position: Human Resources Officer
Platform: Pact Programs
Supervised by: Finance Manager
Work Schedule: Full time as per the Pact, Inc. Kenya regular work hours
Benefits: In accordance with Pact, Inc. Kenya’s policies
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the HR Officer will be based in Nairobi and will ensure the overall delivery of quality
services to Pact, Inc. Kenya staff as regards personnel planning and administration, including maintaining a thorough
knowledge of Pact, Inc. Kenya personnel policies and ensuring employee adherence to such policies.
The main roles and responsibilities of the HR Officer will include but not be limited to the following:
Recruitment and Staff Development
- Manage all staff recruitment processes including, position posting, advertising, short‐listing and selection, background checks, hiring
- Provide advice to recruiting managers to ensure alignment to Pact, Inc. policies and local labor laws.
- Organize and conduct induction training sessions for all new employees well as management of staff exits
- Responsible for continuous staff training and development plans i.e. assessing staff training needs and schedule trainings in coordination with staff supervisors and work activities.
- Organize and monitor external training organizations for specialist training programs
Employee Benefits Administration
- Manage employee benefit plans/programs e.g. Pension schemes, Staff Medical schemes, Group Life schemes, Group Personal Accidents schemes, etc.
- Manage all insurance schemes’ benefits contracts and assure high quality coverage for all Pact, Inc. Kenya staff.
- Salary and benefits administration, including; management of all statutory deductions and act as the focal point for any issues arising
- Maintain up to date records of all employee benefits
- Administer the organizations pay policy and ensure it reflects market best practices
- Coordinate staff welfare activities including periodic teambuilding events
- Responsible for confidential management of employee and personnel records
- Maintain staff time sheets and leave records
- Manage contract end dates and ensure staff appraisal is completed for contract renewal
- Prepare and manage consultant agreements
- Responsible for employee guidance and counseling as and when required
- Provide useful and accurate staff data for job evaluation process and reward models
- Manage the disciplinary processes in concert with relevant manager and in accordance with the set guidelines
- Manage Human Resources Information System, including HR files, to ensure accurate and timely availability of information and management reports
Facilitate review of HR Policies and practices
- Implement operational policies, which are consistent with good practices, and conform to national and regional legislation as well as Kenya Statutory requirements.
- Participate in organizational policy review process and making recommendations as appropriate
- Ensuring Pact Kenya is in compliance with all labor laws, and minimize legal exposure
General Support services
- Work as a team member, seeking solutions and sharing successes.
- Represent the interest of Pact Kenya to various internal and external parties providing information and expertise relating to HR and Administration issues
- HR planning and monitoring of external developments that impact on HR matters including trends and keeping management posted on the same.
- Liaise with other NGOs on HR matters attending HR personnel network meetings and reporting back to management on meeting outcomes.
- Review Pact, Inc. HR related data and share the same with Pact Inc. management, propose solutions to potential conflicts.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills
- Bachelors degree in Social sciences, Business Management, Administration or Human Resource management
- Postgraduate diploma or higher diploma in Human Resource Management
- Masters degree in Human Resources Management will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years experience in Human Resources Development in a complex work environment
- High sense of integrity, confidentiality and initiate sound judgment of HR practices
- Should be a team player, positive change manager and result‐oriented personality
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly, coupled with ability to influence, advise, and train on human resource issues
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with payroll systems
Disclaimer: This job description summarizes the responsibilities assigned to the position; however it does not contain an all‐inclusive list of responsibilities. Periodically, employee(s) will be required to follow any other job‐related instructions and to perform any other job‐related duties requested by their supervisor and/or Pact, Inc. Kenya. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment at Pact, Inc. Kenya is a “voluntary at‐will” relationship. This job description may change from time to time.
Applicants must submit:
(1) A cover letter of introduction explaining how they meet the above criteria;
(2) A detailed and current CV;
(3) Contact information for 3 referees; and
(4) Indicate current remuneration package.
Please submit your applications electronically to email@example.com,
The Country Director,
Pact, Inc. Kenya Country Program
P.O. Box 76390-00508
Kindly indicate clearly on the envelope, or in the subject field if electronically submitted the position you are applying for.
Deadline for applications submission is 4 pm Monday 5th, September 2011.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.