St. John Kenya is a charitable organization whose mission is to be the leading organization of volunteers with members and supporters providing first aid, essential emergency services, increasing the capacity to save lives and ensuring provision of healthcare to communities
To build the capacity of the St John Ambulance Emergency Department to respond to emergencies in a timely manner, St. John Kenya seeks to recruit suitable personnel to join the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to all Emergency calls in a timely and effective manner.
- Determine the nature and extent of illness or injury and establish priority for required emergency care.
- Provide Pre-hospital care to patients at the scene of incident and in the ambulances within the scope of training.
- Monitor the progress of patients in the ambulances and record vital information.
- Ensure the ambulances have the relevant equipment, materials and supplies at all times.
- Keep the Controller informed of the location of ambulance and other eventualities.
- Ensure proper handing over of patients to Health facilities.
- Ensure Safety of ambulance Equipment.
- Creation of awareness and sensitization of St. John Kenya.
Personal Competence & Requirements
- Diploma in Public Health, Nursing or equivalent or other relevant qualifications.
- Minimum of three year experience in emergency rescue operations.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Valid First Aid training Certificate
- Successfully completed Emergency Medical Technician I Course from a reputable institution.
- Should have good public relations skills, exhibit empathy while handling patients.
- Good I.T. skills and ability to prepare timely EMS reports .
- Innovative and creative
- Certificate of good conduct
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Certificate of good health and must be physically fit.
- Knowledge of St. John and its emergency operations will be an added advantage.
- State Salary expectation.
Apply via email – firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read, ‘EMT” to:
Chief Executive Officer
St. John Kenya
P.O. Box 41469 – 00100
so as to be received on or before November 5th, 2010