Job Title: Gender Based Violence Program Assistant (2 positions)
Department / Project: WEAVE II (Women’s Empowerment to Abate Violence and Exploitation II)
Duration of Program: November 2010 – May 2011
Location: Eastern Equatoria State, Torit County (Field Based)
Supervisor / Title: Program Manager
1.0 Job Summary
Working in close collaboration with the Program Manager, the field-based GBV Assistant will assist in the formation of both Women and Men Act groups in Torit and Lafon/Lopa counties.
Once formed the Program Assistant will coordinate and conduct/facilitate a series of trainings designed to increase basic knowledge about GBV, gender norms, human rights, encourage behavior change, and teach advocacy and community outreach strategies to the Act groups.
Training topics will include general skills building for group organization and management, messaging and outreach, activity planning and basic budgeting, and technical GBV topics. Once the training is complete the Program Assistant will assist/support the Act groups in creating community awareness campaigns and activity plans for outreach. The goal of this program is to engage both men and women in awareness raising, education, and public dialogue for the prevention of GBV.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and conduct the identification, formation and training of 12 Act groups and support previously established groups.
- Coordinate, monitor, and provide logistical support of Act group activities in targeted areas including the distribution of micro-grants
- Develop tracking tools as necessary.
- Maintain meticulous records of all distributed micro-grants and activities conducted
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key community leaders, government officials, and beneficiaries.
- Participate in development and ensure timely and effective implementation of CHF Act groups.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to ensure inter and intra-program communications and planning excellence
- Prepare weekly, monthly reports and final reports on activities progress, constraints and suggestions for improved performance.
- Prepare procurement documents related to activities in consultation with the procurement and logistics department
- Ensure that basic business planning and concepts training have been incorporated into the Act groups.
- Monitor activities and if necessary make readjustments in consultation with the program manager
- Perform any other duties as required by your supervisor.
3.0 Required Qualifications: Degree Level or Higher Diploma
3.1 Education / Training:
- International development, community development/social work.
- (2-3) years experience in GBV, formation and training of community groups, community organization/mobilization, previous work with NGOs
3.3 Desired and Technical Skills:
- Subject matter expertise in gender and/or GBV prevention and/or response
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Juba Arabic
- Advanced computer skills
*Female Candidates are highly encouraged
Please submit applications to Rahel Cherinet at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at CHF International Compound, Hai Malakal, Juba South Sudan office (close to Queen of Sheba Restaurant). Applications are due Friday, November 26th at 5:00 pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be posted outside the CHF office and contacted directly.