Population Council Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Program Officer Job in Kenya
Population Council with funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) is implementing a research project in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Bangladesh and Cambodia to strengthen the evidence of the population and facility level benefits, facility quality and costs, and reductions in inequalities following implementation of reproductive health voucher programs.
To implement this research Population Council seeks to recruit a Program Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the organisation, planning and management of all research activities in the HMIS and voucher information systems and collaborate closely with voucher management agencies and ministries of health in all countries at national, provincial, district and facility levels to review information systems and evaluate
There is a strong emphasis on capacity building in MIS development and implementation in voucher programs. In addition, the Program Officer will work closely with MIS and M&E consultants to collect data information system design and pilot data visualization designs.
- Master’s or doctorate degree in epidemiology, statistics, management & organizational studies, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent qualification and experience.
- Experience and familiarity with issues in the population or public health field.
- At least five years experience in the preparation, organisation and management of large-scale research projects.
- Extensive international experience in capacity building in management information systems with strong experience in database design and data visualization is desired.
- Extensive practice with in-depth data analysis using statistical software (eg: Epi-Info, SPSS, Stata) is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills, especially the ability to translate technical information for non-technical audiences.
- At least one published paper desirable.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Availability for national and international travel as required.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to the attention of:
RH Program Coordinator
P.O. Box 17643-00500 Nairobi
or email: email@example.com
Applications must be received not later than October 29, 2010.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.