Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic Affairs
Mount Kenya University is an Institution of Higher Learning authorized to operate as a privately sponsored University. Its vision is to be a centre of excellence in training, research and innovation in Science and Technology in Africa.
In the academic year 2010/2011, the University desires to enhance its staffing capacity to serve in Kenya and Rwanda by recruiting qualified applicants for the positions of; Senior Lecturers and Lecturers in the following departments
Department of Information Technology
Areas of Specialization
- Hardware Information Engineering
- Software Information Engineering
- Distributive Information system
- Artificial intelligence Information Systems
- Business Organization and Procedures
Department of Accounting and Finance, Department of Management
Areas of specialization
- Purchasing and supplies Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Accounting and Finance
- Development Studies
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Public Administration
- Applicants must be PhD holder in relevant area from a recognized University with at least 3 years University teaching experience.
- Show evidence of research and publication
- Applicant must be PhD holder in relevant area from a recognized University or;
- Holders of Master’s degree with over three years University teaching experience and registered for PhD.
Career Opportunities in Libya
Through our International networks we have identified 27 positions for Kenyan language (Kiswahili) Teachers (Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree holders with at least two (2) years experience to work in Libyan Secondary Schools.
- The successful candidates will be required to have a valid passport.
- Air ticket will be provided at the beginning of the contract and the end of each academic year.
Interested applicants to confirm by Friday 8th October, 2010.
For more information contact: 020 208 8310
The remuneration package for Libya opportunities is as follows;
- Master holders: Kshs. 142,000 (Single) Kshs. 161,000 (Married)
- Bachelor Degree holders: Kshs. 112,000 (Single) Kshs. 131,000 (Married)
Submit your application not later than 11th October, 2010 for Kenya and Rwanda positions to:
The Human Resource Manager
Mount Kenya University
P.O.Box 342 -01000, Thika
Email info@ mku.ac.ke, firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
“MKU is an equal opportunity employer.”