- Warehouse Assistant
- HR Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Somalia/Kenya is a two Country Program with four field offices in Dadaab (Kenya), Hargeisa (Somaliland), Bossaso (Puntland) and Mogadishu (South Central). NRC has been present in Somaliland since early 2004 and expanded to Puntland in 2006, Mogadishu and Daadab in2007.
NRC is seeking for qualified candidates to flu the following positions for its Dadaab Program:
Position Vacant: Warehouse Assistant
Reporting to: Logistics Assistant
Main Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the receipt, storage end ewe of materials
- With the Logistics Assistant, plan an effective materials flow system within the warehouse
- Carry out weekly and monthly Inventory (Stock Audit) to compare physical and book quantity and report to the Logistics Assistant any loss, damage or discrepancies.
- Prepare weekly and monthly stock reports as required.
- Ensure effective tracking of materials in the warehouse and returns from the field.
- Ensure proper and clear records of all incoming and outgoing materials is kept and maintained.
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics or Business Administration from a recognized institution or related Discipline or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Previous NGO experience we be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy in MS- word/ spreadsheets is a requirement
Position: HR Assistant
Reporting to: HR & Administration Officer
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Support human Resources processes which cover recruitment, induction, performance management staff welfare and health & safety as per NRC standards
- Establishing, maintaining and controlling personnel, recruitment records, files, correspondence, reports, and organization charts
- Assist in dissemination of information from HR to the staff.
- Providing assistance in monitoring employee performance appraisal process.
- Ensure that payroll functions are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Interpreting, assisting and arising employees and managers regarding HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines.
- Coordinate clearance of staff separating from NRC.
- Higher Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a human resources department,
- Good working knowledge of current Kenyan labour law,
- Good communication and facilitation skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications is a requirement.
The positions are for a fixed-term duration of 4 months from September to December 31st 2010 (renewable thereafter depending on continued funding and programmatic requirements).
If you meet the above requirements, please send a cover letter including your CV, Copies of Academic Credentials, contacts of three referees end daytime telephone numbers to the address below by 13th September 2010. Please quote the job title on the subject heading or envelope
Applications should be submitted to:
Norwegian Refugee Council,
Chaka Place, 3rd Floor,
P.O Box 21211-00100
Email Address: email@example.com
Norwegian Refugee Council, Dadaab Field Office
P.O Box 05, Dadaab
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer, with no discrimination in terms of sex, age, religion, ethnic origin or political affiliation.