- Executive Director
- Director, Finance and Administration
Our client, National Forestry Authority (NFA), was established by the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act 2003 to conserve, develop, and manage the Central Forest Reserves and to supply quality forestry-related products and services. NFA manages Central Forest reserves on behalf of Government, and in partnership with the private sector and local communities.
NFA is seeking to recruit the following two key positions of Executive Director and Director Finance and Administration.
To provide leadership and maximize the authority’s contribution towards its desired growth and profitability targets in line with policies set by the Board. The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer and responsible for the day to day operations and administration of the Authority.
Key Result Areas
- Initiate the development and review of policies for the organization’s physical, human and financial resources
- Ensure the proper management of the funds and property of the Authority
- Monitor the overall authority’s performance and compliance to financial accounting system in line with parliament and government requirements on control of expenditure
- Initiate and pursue the development of the Authority’s strategic planning and identify opportunities for its commercial strengthening in line with the Authority’s vision
- Develop advocacy strategies for networking with Private sector, NGOs, forest adjacent communities, investors, local councils and other stakeholders in the management of forest resources
- Implement the performance contract agreement between NFA and the government and develop entrepreneur strategies for self financing
- Initiate the preparation of the annual budget and operation plans for timely approval by the Board and monitor their implementation in line with the Authority’s strategic objectives
- Develop strategies for enforcing NFA compliance with the relevant legislation, forestry and environmental laws, govern mens poverty eradication plans and other relevant policies
Qualifications and Experience
- Honours degree Bsc. in Forestry
- Postgraduate degree in the relevant professional field from a recognised institution would be an added advantage
- At least 10 years of work experience at a senior managerial level in a large or medium sized organization in the private or public sector
- Proven and thorough knowledge of investment philosophies in a dynamic and successful concern
- Knowledge of the Ugandan forest sector
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to initiate and manage change in an organisation
- Proven excellent skills in administration, fundraising, and lobbying
- Entrepreneurial competences and output-oriented work habits
- Resilient and reliable under pressure
- Good interpersonal, team building and organisational skills.
- High level of integrity
- Preferable age app. 40
Director, Finance and Administration
The Director Finance and Administration will head the Finance Directorate overseeing NFA’s core financial management activities, general administration management policies, systems and guidelines as a support to good
corporate governance for the National Forestry Authority.
Key Result Areas
- Develop and put in place financial systems, policies and procedures that ensure adequate controls are in place in order to maintain proper books of accounts and to safeguard the assets of NFA
- Prepare annual accounts within the stipulated deadline in accordance with National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, Government of Uganda Financial Regulations and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Prepare annual operational plans and budgets within the stipulated deadline in order to allocate available resources to identified priorities and guide implementation of planned activities
- Monitor financial performance on a regular basis and reporting to management and the Board in a timely manner
- Ensure that financial resources are adequate to meet NFA commitments and submit financial reports
- Design and coordinate implementation and maintenance of financial management information system
- Establish stringent expenditure controls, ensure that all commitments are properly approved and that all expenditures are properly supported and within budget allocations
- Develop and co-ordinate implementation of effective revenue collection systems
Qualifications and experience
- A honours degree in either of the following disciplines: Commerce, Accounting and Finance from a reputable university,
- A Masters degree in Business Administration would be an added advantage,
- Must be a fully qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, or CPA)
- At least 5 years experience in a commercially oriented environment at senior management level.
- Computer literate and conversant with some of the major account packages,
- Must be a team player, an excellent communicator with good oral communication and presentation skills.
- Preferable age around 35
To apply please send CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees including copies of certificates to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be cleady marked: “NFA— Executive Director” or “NFA- Director Finance and Administration” depending on the position you are applying for. No e-mails must exceed 2 MB.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
NFA is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date is 5 PM on the 31st August 2010.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala
Attn.: The Director