Family Health Options Kenya (FHOK) a leading organization and a trainer in sexual and Reproductive Health is seeking for qualified person to fill the above positions.
Basic Function: Provide advocacy and communications support to staff of FHOK with other members from partners/communities/CBOs working in the four towns.
The Advocacy and Communications Officer will co-ordinate the presentation of the public face of the organization to all stakeholders. Specifically the Advocacy and Communications Officer will create, implement, and oversee advocacy and communication programs that promote FHOK’s image and vision.
The successful applicant will be based at FHOK headquarters office in Nairobi and report to the Director of programs
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Coordinating and engaging in policy advocacy and research work in the health sector with the aim of influencing pro-poor change in policies, law and practice
- Enhancing the participation of FHOK in health sector policy making and implementation
- Facilitating engagement of policy makers at the local, Regional and International levels » Influencing change in health policies and laws at Local, National and International levels
- Building and supporting alliances, networks and coalitions to push for changes in health policy and laws
- Implement and coordinate all network’s internal communications, media interactions, and external public relations
- Provide support with the preparation of quality presentations
- Document lessons learnt and other training materials
- Design/edit and summarize promotional materials such as flyers, banners, and publications
- Prepare donor reports including quarterly reports, results framework, and other donor deliverables
- Manage communications and customer relations systems in the organization » Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a Bachelors degree in Social Sciences, communication studies, development studies or related studies with at least 3 years experience in policy advocacy work.
- He/She should have good understanding of the health sector particularly the policies and laws.
- Experience in editing and summarizing reports is required.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to articulate clearly both in written and spoken work, excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills are highly desirable.
If you feel that you meet the criteria, please send your details including remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, to:
The Executive Director,
Family Health Options Kenya
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 2nd July 2010.
FHOK is an equal opportunity employer.