The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) a State Corporation whose mandate is to plan, design, build, operate and maintain new electricity transmission lines and associated substations throughout the Country, seeks to recruit the following:
1. Trainee Graduate Engineers
The Company is looking for fresh trainee graduate engineers who are eager to develop a challenging but rewarding career. The selected candidates will be expected to go through a one (1) year training programme.
Applications are invited from persons who possess either:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Option), or Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (Structural Option).
- The applicant should be a registered Graduate Engineer with Kenya Engineers Registration Board (KERB).
- Priority will be given to candidates who attained 2nd class honours upper division and above.
2. Security Officer
The officer will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible for:
- Carrying out audit of security matters in order to identify potential threats;
- Implementation of security strategies and measures to ensure maximum protection of Company installations, revenue, staff and other assets;
- Taking pro-active measures to protect Company interest, establishing and maintaining linkages with law enforcement agencies to enhance company security; and
- Collating intelligence information on current trends in crime and other security matters that could adversely affect the Company.
Applications are invited from persons who possess the following:
- Bachelors degree in Social Sciences or Engineering;
- Post graduate training in security; and
- Working experience of at least ten (10) years in disciplined forces and has risen to the rank of Major or Chief Inspector.
- The applicant should be Computer literate.
Those who meet the above requirements should submit applications together with their CV, copies of certificates, contacts and other relevant testimonials to reach the undersigned not later than Friday June 11th, 2010.
The Managing Director & CEO
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Ltd.
2nd Floor – Caparo Place • Chyulu Rd • Upper Hill
P.O. Box 34942-00100
Only short listed candidates will be notified.