Recruitment of Contract Staff and Individual Consultants
The East African Development Bank (EADB) is a development finance institution whose mandate is to promote sustainable development in its Member States. The Bank’s shareholders are Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Other shareholders include the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO), German Investment and Development Company (DEG) and other international financial institutions.
The Bank seeks to recruit competent, professional, experienced individuals committed to the development of East Africa to fill the following positions:
Project or Structured Finance Specialist
Up to 2 years tenable in Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Scope: The Project or Structured finance Specialist will support the Operations Department in developing and executing new lending products and mitigating risk in the existing portfolio.
- Assist in developing new business sectors by structuring new products and transactions ;
- Review, monitor and assist in the management existing portfolio accounts ;
- Develop models as required to support the new business;
- Draft documentation and templates for project finance and structured finance term sheets, credit applications, credit rating/asset quality assessment; etc.
- Review and assess credit risk on existing accounts;
- Develop innovative modifications to existing project and financing structures/strategies as well as lead the development of new structured finance solutions;
- Mentor and coach staff; and
- Undertake any other assignments as necessary to bring about new lending products and business for the Bank
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or other quantitative or science degree in a related field;
- Relevant postgraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related fields is desirable ;
- High level of structuring and credit analysis skills;
- Experience in the construction and modification of project finance models is required;
- At least ten years demonstrable experience undertaking successful project finance and structured finance transactions in East Africa or Southern Africa and/or the rest of Africa; A deal sheet should be submitted with the application;
- Minimum of five years working experience with a multinational or multilateral bank working on project finance or structured finance or other long-term financing or PPP;
- Experience of risk management in relation to project finance, structured finance or cash-flow based lending and/or and treasury operations are required;
- Proven track record and substantive experience in concluding major transactions, and applying expertise in analyzing complex and unusual transactions;
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with colleagues;
- Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries and work as team to meet strict timelines;
- Experience of working with a large financial institution, or multilateral organization is required; and
- Consultancy experience and /or International exposure will be an added advantage;
The Project Finance/Structured Finance Specialist position is open to qualified applicants from Member States. The Bank may exceptionally consider applicants for the same position from non-Member States on a consultancy basis or
secondment basis for a period not exceeding 12 months. Staff of multilateral development finance institutions and international organisations are particularly encouraged to apply.
If your career aspirations match these challenging and exciting roles, please email your application quoting the relevant job title by 17 hours Local time on 21st June 2010 to Executive Selection Division, KPMG Uganda at the following email address: email@example.com.
Please attach your CV containing an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, experience, present position, names and addresses of three referees. All applications should be sent via email.
New Contracts may be concluded after expiry of the preceding contract subject to exigencies of the service and mutual agreement of the parties.
Applicants should be nationals of the EADB member states unless otherwise indicated. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. The Bank reserves the right to make an alternative offer or no offer at all.