Completion of Phase IV & V Nyayo Housing Estate Embakasi – National Social Security Fund Tender Notice
NSSF Tender No. 45/2009-2010
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) invites sealed Tenders from eligible and competent Contractors for both Builders’ Works (Main Contract) and Specialist Works (Sub-contracts) for the Completion of Phase IV and V Nyayo Housing Estate Embakasi, Nairobi.
Interested Contractors who must be qualified and registered with the Ministry of Roads & Public Works in the minimum appropriate Categories as indicated here below should obtain the Tender documents from the Procurement Office, 9th floor upon payment of the specified non-refundable fee for each specific works and phases either in cash or bankers cheque payable to the National Social Security Fund at Podium Floor, NSSF Building, Block A, Western Wing, Bishops Road Nairobi.
Specific Works for which tenders are invited include:
1. Main Contract (Builders Works) Completion Works (document is in three volumes).
- Contractors must be registered in Category ‘A’ with the Ministry of Roads and Public Works and will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of Kshs. 5,000/= and a Bid bond of Kenya shillings Ten Million (10 Million) only.
2. Plumbing and Drainage Installations.
- Contractors must be registered in Category ‘A’ Plumbing and Drainage works Ministry of Roads and Public Works and will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of Kshs. 5,000/= and a Bid bond of Kenya shillings One Million Five Hundred Thousand (1.5 Million) only.
3. Electrical Installation and Associated Services.
- Contractors must be registered in Category ‘A’ Electrical Works with the Ministry of Roads and Public Works and will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of Kshs. 5,000/= and a Bid bond of Kenya shillings One Million Five Hundred Thousand (1.5 Million) only.
Tender documents shall be accompanied by the following Mandatory (statutory) requirements for preliminary evaluation:-
- Valid NSSF Compliance certificate
- Valid Tax compliance certificate
- Certificate of Company/Firm registration
- List of Directors with respective shareholding and citizenship details
- Audited accounts for the last 3 years (within year 2006 – 2010)
- Registration Certificate with the relevant ministries in appropriate categories as shown above
- Bid Bond / Tender Security as indicated in the various categories valid for 120 days from closing date of the tender
- Power of attorney (of Tender signatory) – (Applies in case of a joint venture or where signatory is non-director)
Completed Tender documents in plain sealed outer envelope enclosing separately sealed envelopes (in “original” and
“copy”) all clearly marked NSSF Tender No: 45/2009 – 2010 – Completion of Phase IV & V Nyayo Housing Estate
Embakasi, Nairobi ————— Works (Indicating the respective specific works) as per instructions and addressed to:-
National Social Security Fund
P O Box 30599 – 00100
Should be deposited in the Tender Box on 2nd Floor Block ‘A’, Western Wing; Social Security House Nairobi on or before 11.00 a.m. local time on 1st July, 2010. Tenders will be opened immediately thereafter at the Seminar Room on 11th floor, Social Security House, Block ‘A’, Western Wing, Nairobi in the presence of Tenderers representatives who choose to attend.
A pre-tender meeting for interested tenderers is scheduled to be held at 11.00 a.m on 21st June, 2010 at the Project Site Office Nyayo Estate Embakasi, followed by a guided tour of the project site.
NSSF reserves the right to accept or reject any application either in whole or in part without giving reasons for either rejection or acceptance.