Public Service Commission of Kenya – Vacant Positions in the Public Service
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the positions shown below.
Senior Litigation Counsel (Legal Unit)
One (1) Post
Basic Salary Scale Ksh.40.88 – Ksh.54,743 p.m. (SLG 3)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- served satisfactorily in the grade of Litigation Counsel 1/ State counsel 1 or other comparable position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years
- demonstrated administrative and professional competence in work performance at that level
- integrity and commitment to produce results
- capacity for creativity and innovativeness; and
- administrative and supervisory skills:
Duties and Responsibilities
- providing legal advice on matters affecting the Commission’s functions and powers
- undertaking litigation and arbitration on behalf of the Commission,
- providing legal consultancy services to ministries and departments in matters related to the mandate of the
- advising on the administrative and Constitutional matters related to the Commission and especially in areas of reforms and sound public governance; and
- building the capacity of the Commission’s legal unit through establishment of reference materials and other documents.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online through one of the Commission’s websites www.publicservice.go.ke and www.psckjobs.go.ke OR by completing ONE application form PSC 2 (Revised 2007). The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Serving officers should first register their personal profiles on the Commission’s website before making an application for a job online. Those already registered may edit their profiles if need be.
- Candidates should NOT attach any copies of academic and professional certificates to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to ALL KENYANS.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and testimonials during interviews. Serving officers will be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Public Service Commission of Kenya
P.O. Box 30095-00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 21 st May 2010.