- Mortgage Sales Officer
- Project Officer (Construction) in our Mortgage Department
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is looking to fill the following positions:
Mortgage Sales Officer
The role-holder will manage the Bank’s Mortgage Finance offering for Corporate, Co-operatives and Retail customers, ensuring the business remains competitive while achieving its stated income targets.
- To ensure growth in the asset portfolio whilst ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Reporting to the Relationship Manager, the role-holder will market for new Mortgage business, receive and appraise all loan applications, prepare and present Credit proposals, follow up and recover loans.
This challenging opportunity will include the following duties:-
- Interview prospective customers and recommend appropriate products.
- Grow the mortgage business by segmenting and taking lead in mortgage product penetration.
- Grow the mortgage finance products in volumes, value, reach, penetration and segment.
- Interview and review customer proposals.
- Give feedback and market intelligence to support product uptake.
- Interview, analyze and evaluate Mortgage Finance applications with emphasis on risks (business, financial, market etc.) and particular focus on repayment risk.
- Prepare and complete proposals, and make recommendations.
- Participate in Home Expos and other forums to market the products.
The incumbent will be required to possess the following attributes/skills:•
- University Degree preferably in Business studies/Commerce/Marketing! building environment studies.
- 3 years’ experience in sales and at least one year in selling of mortgage products.
- PC skill in Microsoft office, Excel and Word packages or equivalent specialized knowledge of scientific methods of data manipulation.
Project Officer (Construction) in our Mortgage Department
- Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the role-holder will grow construction business within the Bank’s Corporate, Co-operatives and Retail customer segments.
- The role-holder will be required to participate as part of a team in sourcing of business in property development, processing of credit applications and maintenance of relationships with clients in line with the Bank’s business objectives.
This challenging opportunity will include the following responsibilities:•
- Identifying and reviewing projects in property development suitable for financing, bearing in mind risk/return parameters set by the bank.
- Monitoring, in collaboration with the Bank’s Credit and Risk Units, progress on project implementation.
- Providing guidance for purposes of re-packaging projects to meet our requirements.
- Conducting periodical site visits to asses projects and holding discussion with concerned parties.
- Undertaking detailed Appraisal report for review by the Business Development Manager.
- Participate in Home Expos and other forums to market the construction product.
- Monitoring performance of the project portfolio and generating management reports.
The incumbent will be required to possess the following attributes/skills:-
- A bachelor’s degree in Land/Building Economics, Economics, Finance, Banking or Business Administration or related degree.
- Minimum two years’ experience in project appraisal preferably in a banking environment.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Project management training.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae
accompanied by copies of certificates and indicating the current remuneration to the address shown here below by
17th May 2010.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: Retail/Mortgage/05/2010.
The Director – Human Resources Division
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd
P.O. Box 48231-00100 Nairobi