Job Title: Leadership Development Program (LDP) Participant
Property: Fairmont The Norfolk, Fairmont Mt Kenya Safari Club, Fairmont Mara Safari Club
Experience: Assistant Manager/Supervisor
Start Date: January, May, September
Schedule: Full time (12-18 months at one property)
Application Deadline: May 10, 2013
Are you a recent graduate, ready to launch your career with a global hospitality leader?
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is searching for recent graduates to join our Company’s global Leadership Development Program.
Our program will provide participants the opportunity to work at some of the best hotels around the world and learn from some of the industry’s top leaders.
Our Leadership Development Program will not only allow you to apply and develop your management and leadership skills, but will also be uniquely designed to match your specific career goals.
The program offers an opportunity to be placed into a Supervisor or Assistant Manager level position for a period of 12 to 18 months and participants will have the opportunity to rotate through a division to gain in depth knowledge of the area they have chosen to specialize in.
In addition to support from our senior leadership team, participants are assigned a mentor, who will offer regular (and constructive) feedback. An “Individualized Development Plan” is created to map out rotations, as well as each student’s agreed-upon learning outcomes.
We offer opportunities within the following areas of specialization: Rooms, Food & Beverage, Accounting, Culinary, Spa, Revenue Management and Human Resources.
Throughout the program, LDP Participants are responsible for the following:
- Comprehension of structure, roles and responsibilities within the departments the participant is specializing
- Knowledge and understanding of departmental operating standards and daily operational requirements
- Demonstrated competency in creating departmental schedules, managing payroll reporting and forecasting
- Understand Company performance management procedures and how to apply these effectively in the hotel including
- Ability to effectively conduct employee performance reviews (LEAD) and employee disciplinary discussions
- Demonstrate effective ability with interviewing and selection of candidates
- Co-ordinate and lead monthly departmental communication meetings
- Comprehension and demonstrated understanding of department budget, expenses, re-forecasting, and month end financials
- Understanding of department purchasing and inventory controls
- Maximize service delivery in all areas
- Participation in a hotel committee (Service Plus Committee, Health & Safety or Environmental/Green Team)
- Involvement in Budget Preparation, Employee Engagement Survey Action Planning, Department Head Meetings, Hotel Strategic Planning and Weekly/Monthly Divisional Meetings
- Special Projects as outlined by Department Head
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management.
- Previous leadership skills and/or hospitality experience that will facilitate ability to fill either a Supervisory or Assistant Management level position
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel or Tourism Management related programs an asset
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to relocate upon completion of the program
- Models the Fairmont values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork & Empowerment
- Aspiration to move up to an Executive Level Position or General Manager within a hotel
- Highly motivated and guest driven with the ability to solve problems and to make timely guest service decisions
- Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions/projects while meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal
- Proven leadership ability that supports an environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service
- Able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Computer skills – Word, Excel and MS Office software required, Property Manager an asset
- Strong command of the English language
Visa Requirements: As our Leadership Development Program is offered in numerous countries, locations preferences and visa restrictions will be discussed with successful applicants.
Closing Date: We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Please note that due to the large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for on campus interviews.
Interested in Applying?
Please submit your application online to the Manager, Campus Recruitment by clicking the link below:
Special Instructions: Please ensure you upload a resume and cover letter (including your top three location preferences). You will be prompted to complete our online assessment interview, which must be completed by the application deadline in order to be considered for on campus interviews.
If you have any questions please contact Career Services at your school or for more information on Fairmont Hotels & Resorts please visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/students-and-grads.
An exciting future awaits!